ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] A TSM DB2 API question

2008-01-31 05:56:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] A TSM DB2 API question
From: "Minns, Farren; Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:55:43 +0000
Good morning all

I am trying to track down why certain DB2 to TSM backups are failing rather
regularly. I don't believe it's a TSM issue and would point the finger at DB2
not being able to quiesce the datafiles in question etc.

However, where do I find logging for this kind of thing? Is there anything
similar to the BA Client dsmsched.log or is it all housed somewhere within
DB2.. and if so, where? :-)

I have set the backup schedules to notify me if they fail, but I don't know
why, and I really need to.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

Farren Minns

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
England with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.