ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] FW: Question about copypool storage pools

2008-01-30 06:16:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] FW: Question about copypool storage pools
From: "Minns, Farren; Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:00:47 +0000
Hi all

A little background. Up until recently I had the following setup.

Disk BACKUPPOOL migrating to 3592 TAPEPOOL with a 3590 COPYPOOL.

I needed to create a new 3592 COPYPOOL as the number of 3590 off-site tapes
being sent each day was getting too large.

So here is what I did.

I marked the original TAPEPOOL as readonly and renamed it to TAPEPOOL_3592_OLD
I then marked the original COPYPOOL as readonly and renamed that to
COPYPOOL_3590_OLD
Next I created a new sequential access 3592 TAPEPOOL and made sure that it was
the NEXT storage pool for the BACKUPPOOL
I then created a new 3592 COPYPOOL.

My question is this...

Can I use the 'MOVE DATA' command to move data from volumes in the old
TAPEPOOL_3592_OLD to the new 3592 TAPEPOOL?

If so, will this new data also need to be copied to the COPYPOOL again?

Many thanks

Farren Minns
John Wiley & sons