ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DISASTER: How to do a LOT of restores?

2008-01-30 11:42:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DISASTER: How to do a LOT of restores?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:40:47 -0500
At 03:21 PM 1/29/2008, Richard Sims wrote:
On Jan 29, 2008, at 3:09 PM, Curtis Preston wrote:

BTW, is there a TSM internals redbook that I could read?

SHARE and Oxford TSM Symposium presentations are the primary sources
of developer expositions.

   Richard Sims

Curtis,

The Oxford TSM Symposium presentations can be found at
http://adsm-symposium.oucs.ox.ac.uk/, going all the way back to the 1999
Symposium.  The Oxford folks have done an excellent job of keeping this
presentation material around.  Look specifically for the presentations
given by David Cannon, for the server architecture sessions.  Specifically,
he gave a presentation in 2003 that is relevant to this discussion, titled
"TSM Explained".

http://adsm-symposium.oucs.ox.ac.uk/2003/papers/Dave-explain.pdf

It describes in some detail how aggregates work, and what the issues are
with active storage pools.

At each of the Symposiums (or most of them, anyway), Dave also gives a
session on what future enhancements might look like.  You can find
information there about active storage pools (in 2003, I think), as well as
his thoughts on data-duplication (in 2005 and 2007, I think).

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521