ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule versus from crontab

2007-11-01 21:29:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule versus from crontab
From: Lucia Burke <Lucia.Burke AT SHARP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:28:47 -0700
Bill -

My dsm.sys file looks like this:

SErvername  TSM
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   tsm.sharp.com
   TCPCLIENTAddress   xxx.xx.xx.xx
   Passwordaccess     Generate
   schedmode          prompted
   managedservices    schedule webclient
   Schedlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
   Schedlogretention  7
   Errorlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
   Errorlogretention  7
   Txnbytelimit       25600
   TCPwindowsize      1024
   TCPbuffsize        32
   inclexcl           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.opt

My client schedule looks like this:

                        Action: Incremental
-preschedulecmd=/scripts/backup_shutdown.ksh
-postschedulecmd=/scripts/backup_startup.ksh
                       Objects:
               Start Date/Time: 11/02/07   00:30:00
                      Duration: 30 Minute(s)
                Schedule Style: Classic
                        Period: 1 Day(s)
                   Day of Week: Any
                         Month:
                  Day of Month:
                 Week of Month:
                    Expiration:
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
         Last Update Date/Time: 11/01/07   15:29:05
              Managing profile:

I would like the backup to start daily at 00:30. Does the duration and
durunits apply to only the polling schedmode and "dsmc schedule"
process? Can I depend on the dsmcad scheduler always starting the
incremental backup at 00:30?

Thanks,

Lucia