ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule versus from crontab

2007-11-01 21:14:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule versus from crontab
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:13:30 -0400
Also sounds like you are using POLLING. At least for that client. Then you get
a start time randomized based on the DURATION of the
schedule and the SET RANDOMIZE value. If you seitch to PROMPTED for that
client, you should see it pretty close to the starttime of
the schedule.

You can do it via crontab, but as it won't be scheduled you won't get the
pre/postschedule processing. Plus you'll need to maage
your own condition checking and notification for failed backups.

Bill Boyer
"I haven't lost my mind...it's backed up on tape somewhere!" - ??