ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client error ANS1999E

2007-11-01 08:52:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client error ANS1999E
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:52:24 -0500
Look into using EXCLUDE.FS on the filesystem you don't want processed.

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(405) 253-4397
(877) 625-4186
T/L 349-4361

Hi all,

I'm working with TSM version 5.3.4 on linux (fedora core 5) and the
backup schedule stops with error ANS1999E when reach a mounted directory.

This is exclude/include from dsm.sys

Exclude /.../*
INCLUDE /var/backup/database/.../* MC-BASES
INCLUDE /opt/www/.../* MC-APLICACIONES
INCLUDE /etc/.../* MC-SO
INCLUDE /var/log/.../* MC-SO

Server has a client schedule to backup "/" so it will explore the entire
filesystem.

On the linux client we've mounted a Windows 2003 resource using
mount.cifs, this directory is not included in the backup but it is
explored by the backup schedule.

If I umount -> backup -> mount the schedule works fine, but with mounted
directory schedule stops scanning and report an ANS1999E error.

Is there any possibility to not umount before backup schedule?

Thanks.

--
Ing. Fernando Villarreal
Infraestructura