ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup disk/backup tape

2007-11-01 09:02:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup disk/backup tape
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:00:36 -0500
Geoff,
      (long time no see... been snowed under but coming up for air)
One thing I've notices is that if you have tapes being ejected AND tapes to
be inserted...
Once you remove all the tapes, you really need to swing the I/O station
door closed so the ATL can realize that all the tapes were in fact,
removed.
THEN, you can swing it back open and insert tapes.
If you just swing it open, take out required tapes, put in required tapes
and swing it shut, it can confuse it.
(long story but it ties to patents)
That ~could~ be what you are running into.

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(405) 253-4397
(877) 625-4186