ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and Data Domain

2007-10-10 10:34:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM and Data Domain
From: Cory Heikel <cheikel AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:33:45 -0400
The command can be different depending on which version of the software you are
running. In the latest version it is:

option set marker-type {nw1 | cv1 | tsm1 | tsm2 | eti1 | hpdp1 | none} Set
the tape marker type for data from NetWorker; CommVault; Tivoli Storage Manager
on Linux, Windows and AIX; Tivoli Storage Manager on Solaris; HP NonStop with
ETI-NET EZX-BackBox; or HP Data Protector.

The problem is there are two options for tsm, so you have to test to see which
one gets triggered for you (we are running on aix and ended up with setting
tsm2 which doesn't seem to match with the doc), and it only applies to newly
written data. Best bet is to work with the data domain tech people.

cory

Cory Heikel
Tivoli Systems Administrator
Hershey Medical Center
(717) 531-7972

>>> William Jean <wjean AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM> 10/10/2007 10:03 AM >>>
Can you share the details of the tape marker setting?