ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] retrieval of DB stored on a virtual volume

2007-09-26 11:46:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] retrieval of DB stored on a virtual volume
From: Larry Clark <lclark01 AT NYCAP.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:44:27 -0400
Some years back we decided it did not make sense to store the TSM DB in the
tape library since the loss of the TSM server would mean loss of access to
the volume.

Using virtual volumes stored on a 2nd server changes that in that it is seen
as archived data on the 2nd server.Some questions come to mind:
1). If the source server is lost, how is the db retrieved from the target
server? In a client senario I would set up a 'set access' to retrieve the
file; what is analogous in the virtual volume situation.
2). The virtual volumes are seen as archived data on the target server. What
would be common practice for the copygroup def on the target server for
storing TSM DB, config files, and recovery DRM plans in terms of RETVER?