ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3310 slot inaccessible error.

2007-09-19 21:45:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3310 slot inaccessible error.
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:43:40 -0400
I have a client with a TS3310 running the latest firmware (just did it a couple
weeks ago) and SCSI LTO3 drives. This has now
happened 4 times in the past year were the I/O ports go inaccessible. During a
checkin we get:

ANR8386W Slot 16 of library TS3310 is inaccessible.
ANR8386W Slot 17 of library TS3310 is inaccessible.
ANR8386W Slot 18 of library TS3310 is inaccessible.
ANR8386W Slot 19 of library TS3310 is inaccessible.
ANR8386W Slot 20 of library TS3310 is inaccessible.
ANR8386W Slot 21 of library TS3310 is inaccessible.

And it takes a complete power cycle of the libraray to resolve it.

If I access the  library via the web interface, in the system summary It shows
me that I have 6 I/O slots and all 6 are full (which
they really are!). But if I click on the link for the I/O slots, the resulting
status screen shows NO tapes in the I/O ports.

I plan on opening an issue with hardware support, but I really can't have the
library out of commission like this for very long. Not
being able to vault and checkin tapes doesn't sit well with this client.

Bill Boyer>Select * from USERS where CLUE>0
0 rows returned