ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for suggestions to speed up restore for a Windows server

2007-08-29 11:42:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Looking for suggestions to speed up restore for a Windows server
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:40:54 -0400
I'm just looking at the image backup now. This may well be the way to
go.

Would you believe -- we are JUST getting a Windows test environment set
up here. We've had several rounds of admins who couldn't see the value
and weren't interested in doing the work, just to have a test-bed.
Current staff actually has a clue!

I want to see some test runs -- the 'engineering' drive, with all those
files and directories, is only 48 GB. Should process nicely on image
backup/restore.

Also, we're moving to a vmware esx environment, and I'm suggesting a
separate 'server' for each of these file systems.

Thanks, all.

Tom