ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 3494 and RH Linux / ibmatl

2007-05-24 15:21:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 3494 and RH Linux / ibmatl
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:20:52 -0400
Each side can ping the other (went into OS/2 and pinged the server, just
fine).

We think it might have been the IPTABLES config on the RH box. We shut it
down and the LM port was now able to connect/activate.

Thanks for the response.

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
05/24/2007 11:09 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] 3494 and RH Linux / ibmatl

Can you ping the LM from the RH box?

>>> Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU> 5/24/2007 10:39 AM >>>
I am still not able to connect my RH4 Linux server to our 3494 library.

>From the RH side, the ibmatl logs says the library is offline.

>From the 3494 LM, it says the LAN port is not intialized and refuses to
initialize.

I have checked and rechecked the definitions on both ends....redone them
numerous times (/etc/ibmatl.conf, etc - bounced lmcpd).

Is there some limit/configuration issue with the 3494 that is only
allowing 1-LAN port ?

Both devices are on the same private subnet, so network filtering/access
should not be an issue.

What am I missing ?

Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University