ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Preemption

2007-05-24 15:18:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Preemption
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:17:17 -0400
On May 24, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Bill Carlson wrote:

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 11:34:28AM -0400, Richard Sims wrote:
On May 24, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Bill Carlson wrote:

Client starts a restore and waits...waits...waits...

Bill -

Pursue the analysis, starting with Query SEssion Format=Detailed
to see exactly what it's queued on.

It's also important to get details on what the restore consists
of... Some of them can be major trawls through the TSM database,
as first phase.

The session was stuck in MediaW for a long time. The activity log
shows:

05/24/07   08:37:12      ANR1183I Initial determination of
removable volumes
                          required for a restore request from
session 88887
is
                          complete. Additional volumes may still be
required.

As I indicated, some restore types can take a long time.  See IBM
Technote 1256380, which reflects the message you encountered, where
it's reporting its phases progress.  Make sure that the needed
volumes are actually available, to avoid a fruitless waste of time,
and that your server timeouts give such operations sufficient time to
complete.

   Richard Sims