ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] storage pool question

2007-04-18 14:45:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] storage pool question
From: Michael Read <Michael.Read AT SANOFI-AVENTIS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:30:33 -0500
I am wanting to eliminate some of our current storage pools.  I think I
know what I need to verify before deleting things, but can someone
double check my thoughts below?

-- "query stgpool" shows that Percent Utilized is 0.0
-- there are no mgmtclasses / copygroups pointing to that stgpool
-- that stgpool is not a destination for another stgpool's "NEXTSTGPOOL"

These three things tell me that I don't have any data currently in the
storage pool, and that there is nothing left pointing to that storage
pool that will error out if I no longer have said stgpool.

Is this correct, or are there other places that specify that certain
items go to specific storage pools?

thanks in advance,

Mike