ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Move NodeData CollocGroup=

2007-04-18 11:35:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] Move NodeData CollocGroup=
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:34:46 -0400
We're moving data from un-collocated storage groups to storage groups
that will be collocated by group (OK, so we're not quite leading edge!).
We had a system before of small storage pools that mimicked collocation
by groups, so any particular group's data is grouped tightly.

If I use "MOVE NODEDATA COLLOCGROUP=" how clever is TSM in how it copies
data from the current tapes? Will it take all the data from a tape in
one pass, or will it make one pass per tape per node?

Thanks,
Nick