ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDPO and encryption

2007-04-09 18:21:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDPO and encryption
From: Josh Davis <xaminmo AT OMNITECH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 17:21:33 -0500
Experience, no.
Support, maybe.  TSM supports 3592 drive encryption.  It's important to
make sure you have some way, external to TSM, to store the keys so you can
get at the tapes in a recovery scenario.

AES encryption from the API should work fine, though I'm not sure you have
a way of initially encrypting the key.  I think the server can generate
and manage the keys for you, but I've not gotten that to work on baclient,
let alone API.

-Josh