ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned filespaces

2007-04-03 11:15:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned filespaces
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:14:54 -0400
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 20:30:54 -0500, David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT
>> EDU> said:

> The problem I saw here was this:

>   ANR2900W The character string '11' was truncated during assignment.

Hmm, odd.  But, I don't have any nodes on that server with >10
filespaces.  Maybe that's it.

> I also find the filespace name to be more meaningful to a human than
> the FSID, at least if the output is meant for a human to read.

I agree entirely. I was aiming for short and machine-readable, and
ruling out odd substring problems.  My fixed action pattern: use
shortest unique identifier, and delimit it on both sides. :)

> [ improvement ]

Keen!

- Allen S. Rout
- This is what Open Source is all about.