ADSM-L

Re: JBB Question(s)

2006-12-12 08:52:24
Subject: Re: JBB Question(s)
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:51:40 -0500
Add this to the dsm.opt file and run the incremental again:
*======================================================================*

* Reduce memory usage by processing a directory at a time (slower)     *

memoryefficientbackup  yes

Large windows fileservers with deep directory structures often exhaust
memory trying to traverse the entire filesystem during the initial scan.
This option scans the filesystem in chunks.
Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
423-535-6574 (desk)