ADSM-L

Re: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?

2006-12-05 17:10:35
Subject: Re: Will TSM ever support BMR for windows systems?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 23:09:48 +0100
Dearman, Richard wrote:
> Does anyone know if Tivoli is working on a product that will support BMR
> on windows systems.  I know Cristie can be used but I don't want another
> third party product and ASR recovery on Win2003 takes forever.  You
> would think that TSM would be able to clone or ghost a windows system at
> least.

isn't that what the ASR things are for in windows backups? Not as
advanced as cristie, but works on similar hardware I'd think. I guess
it's somewhere in the fine manual :)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP Key fingerprint = 6367 DFE9 5CBC 0737 7D16  B3F6 048A 02BF DC93 94EC

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams