ADSM-L

Re: Dictionary of TDP for Domino return codes - 2nd attempt

2006-11-02 15:01:49
Subject: Re: Dictionary of TDP for Domino return codes - 2nd attempt
From: Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:01:25 -0800
As  mentioned,  there is no documented list of Data Protection for Domino
codes.
The return codes are > 100; however, on Unix, domdsmc is set up  to be
launched by the
Domino startup script. (tools/startup). This script  launches domdsmc and
modifies the
return code as follows:
        status=$?
        status=`expr $status % 128`

For example, domdsmc return code  402 (Errors processing request )
becomes:  402 % 128 = 18 .
This is error occurs when there is a failure to backup/restore a database.

Eduardo

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/02/2006
06:38:59 AM: