ADSM-L

Re: TSM Device driver is not starting

2006-10-12 05:27:29
Subject: Re: TSM Device driver is not starting
From: Murugan_Pachamallayan <Murugan_Pachamallayan AT SATYAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:53:49 +0530
Hi,

I am also having the same problem on IBM Tape Library with 3580 LTO Tape
Drive. I connected through SAN.

I have installed Tivoli Storage Manager Storage Agent 5.3.2.0, Tivoli
Storage Manager Device driver 5.3.2.0 and I disabled Removable Storage
Service.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\storageagent>tsmdlst

Tivoli Storage Manager -- Device List Utility

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5697-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 2000, 2005. All rights reserved.

U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure

restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

Computer Name:      TSMClient002

OS Version:         5.2

OS Build #:         3790

TSM Device Driver:  TSMScsi - Not Running

One HBA was detected.

Manufacturer        Model          Driver      Version
Firmware Desc

iption

-------

--------------------------------

QLogic Corporation  QLA2340        ql2300.sys  9.0.1.61 (w32 IP)
3.03.01  QLog

c QLA2340 Fibre Channel Adapter

TSM Name     ID   LUN  Bus  Port SSN                   WWN
TSM Ty

e  Device Identifier

-------

mt6.0.0.2    6    0    0    2    -                     -
GENERI

TAPESEAGATE DAT    9SP40-000910B

Completed in: 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\storageagent>

Please advice

Regards,

Murugan