ADSM-L

HSM Migration Problems

2006-10-12 04:43:13
Subject: HSM Migration Problems
From: Timo Scheller <timo.scheller AT GWDG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:39:50 +0200
Dear list,

we have a problem with a HSM Migration.
Situation:
AIX 4.3.3 JFS with TSM/HSM Client 5.1.8 and about 10 TB
in his HSM-managed filesystem. (about 700 GB on Disk)
Migration should be done to:
AIX 5.3 ML 04 JFS2 with TSM/HSM Client 5.3.4.
The Filesystem has the same Mountpoint, the same dsm.sys
and dsm.opt file we used from the old system.

What we`ve done:
Tried to restore the stubfiles with
dsmc res /filesystem -sub=yes -restoremigstate=yes
to the new JFS2 filesystem on the AIX 5.3

Problem: HSM does a restore of the whole file, not the stubfile.
What maybe caused the problem? And how do we get only the
stubfiles back?
Have we missed something?
Any help would be welcome.

Many thanks.