ADSM-L

audito data missing

2006-07-31 13:47:04
Subject: audito data missing
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:43:08 -0400
A customer ran a backup from the command line of the files in one
directory on a Windows 2003 node on Friday.  When he runs  q backup
"C:\<path-to-dir>\*"   TSM returns a list of file descriptions and
sizes.  About 10 Gb in all, mostly .iso files. Today, when I run 'q
audito *' from the TSM server, the node is listed, but 'Backup
Storage Used' is 0 mb.

Is there something wrong here, or does the data in 'audito' get
refreshed on a cycle that hasn't expired yet?

We run TSM 5.3.0.2 on AIX 5.2.  The Windows 2003 node is running TSM
client 5.3.3.

Thank you,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University