ADSM-L

Re: Error restoring db2 tablespace

2006-07-26 11:47:51
Subject: Re: Error restoring db2 tablespace
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:47:03 -0400
>> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:27:36 -0700, Mario Behring <mariobehring AT yahoo DOT
>> com> said:

> I am getting the following error when trying to restore a particular
> tablespace using the "point in time recovery" using the command line:

> db2 => RESTORE db TJ tablespace ( TS4K_ADM_01 ) use tsm taken at
> 20060724024813
> SQL2542N No match for a database image file was found based on the source
> database alias "TJ" and timestamp "20060724024813" provided.

> I've tried many different timestamps with the same result, even the
>  ones that show a  successful backup.

Something that is important in DB2 land;  make sure that the
environment under which the instance was started is the same as the
environment from which you're running dsmadutl, if you want your
results to make sense.

If you are running dsmadutl as a different user, or with a different
node configuration, the various views can be very different.    Root
can see all the different files.

One of the easiest ways to mess this up is to try to restore a db from
inst_a into inst_b; even if you move the TSM config correctly, then
the files themselves are still owned by user inst_a, and TSM won't
show them to you on a dsmadutl query or give them to you on a restore.

- Allen S. Rout