ADSM-L

Using tsm-encryption and want to change the hostname at the Client

2006-07-24 08:19:10
Subject: Using tsm-encryption and want to change the hostname at the Client
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:05:19 +0200
Dear TSmers,

we have tsmserver 5.3.3.2 /solaris and tsm-Client 5.3.4.0 /linux.

On the Client we use tsm-encryption :
The 'nodename' Option is set in the dsm.sys and also the
'encryptkey save' OPtion is set  and  'encryptiontype AES128' is also set.
The inclexc-File contains a line like 'include.encrypt *'
So far anything runs fine :-)

Problem: Next week we have to change the 'hostname' of that linux-server.
The Question now is : - if any - what steps are to be done at the tsm-Client ?
... and even at the tsm-server ?
The (tsm)nodename won't be changed.
Do I need the TSM-Client in a manual way give once again the
encryption-key password to let the encryption-key be generated ?
Or is there nothing to be done at the Client ?

I have looked throgh the lists and docs and havent't found any
'procedures' for that scenario - just pointers to dependancies on the
system's hostname.

Thanks in advance for any hints , recipe or links ... !
Rainer

Rainer Wolf                          eMail:       rainer.wolf AT uni-ulm DOT de
kiz - Abt. Infrastruktur           Tel/Fax:      ++49 731 50-22482/22471
Universitaet Ulm                     wwweb:        http://kiz.uni-ulm.de