ADSM-L

Re: Backing up Sharepoint

2006-07-20 08:49:25
Subject: Re: Backing up Sharepoint
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:48:10 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/20/2006
07:40:11 AM:
> Is anyone backing up SPS 2003 (Sharepoint Portal) using TSM?  I
> searched the list archives and found a couple of inquiries, but
> nothing helpful.  We are looking for something incremental, not just
> backing up the full dump export file.

Search the Microsoft support site. There is a procedure specifically for
Sharepoint backups (I don't recall the site URL). I remember that this
procedure is the only choice for SP backups unless you shut down the
service to back up the resultant cold files.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
US Bank MR Backup and Recovery Management