ADSM-L

Linux Backup

2006-07-20 10:07:35
Subject: Linux Backup
From: Jacquelin Bouchard <Jacquelin.Bouchard AT UQTR DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:57:11 -0400
Hi,

I am trying to backup a filesystem from a Linux client to a TSM server using a specific management class.

     I put in the dsm.sys on the Linux client an include statement like this

             include.backup      /filesystema/*      cls_bck_data

and in the dsm.opt,  i define the domain with

             domain   /filesystema

But when i start the backup with the command

             dsmc incremental

the backup is taken using the default management class which is not cls_bck_data

If i define cls_bck_data as the default management class, the backup is OK.

It seems like the management class on the include option is ignored.  WHY??

Jacquelin Bouchard
Service de soutien pédagogique et technologique
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Tél: 819-376-5011 poste 2421  Fax: 819-376-5200