ADSM-L

Backup Sets on a single drive

2006-07-18 10:51:44
Subject: Backup Sets on a single drive
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:50:42 -0400
Hello all,

We are going to implement a procedure to shorten Backup Sets
that run over 24hrs. But until then I am still trying to find a
way to shorten there run time.

I heard that there is a way to limit Backup Sets to go to
a single drive. Has anyone tried this? What
parameter (s) do I add for this occur?

GENERATE BACKUPSET DOC2PGW "Weeklydoc2pgw" 1 DEVCLASS=3592CLASS
RETENTION=31 SCRATCH=YES DESCRIPTION="Weekly doc2pgwarch" WAIT=NO
NAMETYPE=FSID

Also, From what I have read in a "Potential Future Enhancements"
 TSM document from a 2005 symposium. There are candidates for
Backup Sets enhancements. Does anyone know or read of such
improvements? By Candidates I assume they mean that the
enhancements may or may not happen? I have not read about any
developments in that area yet, Some of the enhancements
look like they can really help reduce media requirements and
generate faster Backup Sets.

Thanks for any help suggestions in advance!

TSM 5.3.3