ADSM-L

Re: Data Protection for SQL - Windows x64 Package is now available

2006-07-18 11:15:00
Subject: Re: Data Protection for SQL - Windows x64 Package is now available
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:13:04 -0400
Kenny,

We are using the 5.3.3.0 x64 package for SQL2005 on x64 Windows2003.
The only kink we have run into is that if you install a SQL2000 instance
on the machine, it "breaks"  VSS, which TDP needs.  There is a special
patch from MS you need to run against any of these 2k instances (and you
need to run it again anytime you install a new 2k instance).

Other than that, we have had no problems, but we don't use
differentials, so I cant speak to that.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, WNI
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee