ADSM-L

Re: Using TDP for SQL to reapply transaction logs against a BCV/Snapshot database recoverable image

2006-07-14 10:36:30
Subject: Re: Using TDP for SQL to reapply transaction logs against a BCV/Snapshot database recoverable image
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:33:55 +0200
Don't know if you can apply the logs this way on MSSQL. It would work for SAP
on Oracle databases, but there offline logs are used.

You will get a problem with the expiration of the logs iif you don't make full
backups to TSM.
The transactionlogs will never be marked inactive. So they will stay within TSM
'forever'.