ADSM-L

Re: AIX backup question

2006-07-14 11:48:29
Subject: Re: AIX backup question
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:47:04 -0400
Luc,

Try  increasing the number in  The RESOURCEUTILIZATION
client option.

RESOURCEUTILIZATION
Resourceutilization is a client option used to regulate the level of resources
(i.e. number of concurrent sessions) the TSM client and server can use during
processing. Multiple sessions are created automatically through a single
invocation of a TSM backup/restore or archive/retrieve command.

Even though the multi-session function is transparent to the end user and is
started automatically, there are some parameters which enable the user to
customize the function.

There is a way to influence the multi-session function with the option
RESOURCEUTILIZATION. This option increases or decreases the ability of the
Tivoli Storage Manager client to create multiple sessions. For Backup or
Archive the value of RESOURCEUTILIZATION does not directly specify the number
of sessions created by the client. However, this setting specifies the level
of resources the Tivoli StorageManager server and client can use during backup
or archive processing. The higher the value, the more sessions the client can
start if it deems necessary. The range for the parameter is from 1 to 10. When
the option is not set, which is the default, then only two sessions are
created to the server.