ADSM-L

Re: Retention of backup versions

2006-07-14 07:56:16
Subject: Re: Retention of backup versions
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:55:34 +0200
On Jul 14, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Yiannakis Vakis wrote:

I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I want to be
sure what
is going on:

A mgnt class has been defined so that 5 versions of a file are
kept, with a
retention of 30 days.
A file that is changed daily is backed up for 5 consecutive days.
The next
backup is taken 3 months later.
What happens to the inactive files?

The inactive files, that are older than 30 days will be deleted from the
backup storage the next time you run EXPIRE INVENTORY on your tsm server.

--
Regards,

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470