ADSM-L

Re: Novell client 5.3.4.0

2006-07-10 12:29:19
Subject: Re: Novell client 5.3.4.0
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:28:19 -0500
Updating the tsa's is (almost) always a good bet, but I'd be a bit leary
of the tsm 5.3.x clients on netware.   You can give it a try, but I've
had to backrev a lot of those experiments to the latest 5.2 client
version.  I've had weird issues with sessions hanging, servers locking
up, abends, and probably others I've already forgotten about.

>>> Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US 7/10/2006 8:45 AM >>>
Hello all,

Is anyone using Novell TSM Client 5.3.4.0? If so have there
been any issues since using it? It was recommended that
we upgrade to that client along with Novell OS upgrades to
correct server abends that have occurred at times
at the end of restores.

TSM 5.3.3
TSM client 5.3.012
Netware 6.5 SP3

Thanks in advance!

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.