ADSM-L

Re: Label length on 3584 Library

2006-07-10 09:57:11
Subject: Re: Label length on 3584 Library
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:56:38 -0400
I don't know how it's done.  (LTO1 can go in LTO3 for read only).
But it works!

I think changer itself knows internally to library.

TSM knows due to the  DEVCLASS and the Format parameter for it,
conmpared to the "q drive f=d" Read Formats and Write Formats.
It figures out which drives are compatible for tape type and operation
to be performed.

My quick quess!

David Longo

>>> goran.k AT VIP DOT HR 07/10/06 4:31 AM >>>
hi, just our of curiosity how is that possible ?
how can changer know that he cannon put LTO1 tape in LTO3 drive ?

thanks

goran