ADSM-L

Re: HELP! Recovery log is almost 100% full!!!

2006-05-02 14:39:45
Subject: Re: HELP! Recovery log is almost 100% full!!!
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:35:41 -0400
Looks like you have a normal mode for your  recovery log.
To use the dbb trigger, log has to be in roll forward mode.  Do q status
and see what the setting is.
I believe once you change it to roll forward, dbb trigger will be
automatically enabled.

If your log mode is normal I would try to investigate what or why is
causing the recovery log to fill up without setting back to 0.  In Normal
mode recovery log should not fill up that high unless there are many
activities going on the server.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/02/2006
01:29:43 PM:

> Hello Richard,
>
> I have since added a database backup trigger, but it says that it is
still
> disabled...  How do I go about enabling the trigger?  I didn't see an
> enable option.  Thanks!
>
> ********************************
> Joni Moyer
> Highmark
> Storage Systems, Senior Systems Programmer
> Phone Number: (717)302-9966
> Fax: (717) 302-9826
> joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
>

>              "Richard Sims"
>              <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
>              Sent by: "ADSM:
>              Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>              Manager"
cc
>              <[email protected]
>              .EDU>