ADSM-L

Re: AIX TSM server errpt - normal?

2006-04-28 13:51:17
Subject: Re: AIX TSM server errpt - normal?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:55:17 -0400
Depends upon your library type.
Seems normal for a 3494, where the drive signals both the attached
host and the library that it needs cleaning, and once the active data
tape is dismounted, the library-queued cleaning task can do its
thing, using a cleaning tape. Whereas the cleaning is by the library,
there is no host or TSM involvement, and no subsequent messages there.

   Richard Sims