ADSM-L

Re: Using preschedulecmd

2006-04-27 21:05:29
Subject: Re: Using preschedulecmd
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:02:16 -0400
You can define a client schedule with ACTion=Command to run an OS
command, which in this case would be your script. However, when sites
turn basic schedules into structured jobs, it is more common to run
them via an OS facility like Cron rather than the TSM scheduler,
thereby gaining full control of all actions.

The client manual describes the usage of the PRESchedulecmd option,
which in Unix can be in dsm.sys or on the command line.

   Richard Sims