ADSM-L

Re: TSM Linux client backup

2006-04-10 12:52:48
Subject: Re: TSM Linux client backup
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:49:32 +0200
On Monday 10 April 2006 17:46, Jacquelin Bouchard wrote:
> Thanks to all,
>
>     Stef, i run the mount command on my system and i see what you say for
> these directories (/proc and /sys):
>
> none on /proc type proc (rw)
> none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
>
> but i don`t see a similar line for /dev except for /dev/pts and /dev/shm:
>
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>
> Why??
/dev is a special directory.  It contains all devices.  For some linux
distributions, this is static contents, sometimes it's dynamic if they use
udev.
This is from my laptop:
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
devshm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)

Are you sure you don't have a udev line?
What distribution are you running?

Stef