ADSM-L

Re: Move Node Data from one Policy to another Policy

2006-03-10 19:31:48
Subject: Re: Move Node Data from one Policy to another Policy
From: Josh-Daniel Davis <xaminmo AT OMNITECH DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:30:16 -0600
I want to clarify.
You said from one "policy" to another?

MOVE NODEDATA moves the data between storage pools only.
This will not affect your retention policy of those files.

To change the policy domain:
UPD NODE DOM=newdomainname

If you're just looking to move the data, but not change policy:
Export and import (not fun)
OR
Create a sequential storage pool of type FILE
OR
Create a new storage pool using device class of your tape library

-Josh