ADSM-L

Re: Domino Client question

2006-01-26 10:41:20
Subject: Re: Domino Client question
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:39:39 +0000
Ok, so now I know why we are only seeing the 5 files. But this has lead
management to ask if this system of backing data up is really the best way
forward. Sadly for me I wasn't involved in the set-up of the domino clients
or the nature of the data being backed up, so I had no way of knowing there
was a potential problem lurking in the background.

So, in this instance users are scanning documents in (important contracts
etc) that would clearly need to be kept for a lot longer than thirty days
if they were deleted. So, is a domino client good for this? Would I
realistically be looking to continue using the domino client to do the
weekly incremental backups that we keep for up to 30 days, but then use the
normal TSM client to do monthly archives of the databases that we then keep
for a required amount of time?

Or, can the domino client handle all of this?

Thanks again for all your help

Farren
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   Del Hoobler               |                                           |
|   <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>      |

|   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor |                                         To|
|   Manager"                  |                                [email protected]|
|   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>    |                                ARIST.EDU

|                             |                                         cc|
|   26/01/2006 15:07          |                                           |
|                             |                                    Subject|
|         Please respond to   |                                Re:        |
|         "ADSM: Dist Stor    |                                [ADSM-L]   |
|             Manager"        |                                Domino     |
|      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> |                                Client

|                             |                                question   |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

Hi Farren,

Look in the DSM.OPT file for Data Protection for Domino.
Are there any INCLUDE statements that are binding the backups to
a different management class?

If not, check to see what the default management class is for the
Data Protection for Domino NODENAME. It may have a different
default management class, with different default policies.

Those are the two things I would look at first.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/26/2006
09:38:24 AM: