ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server Crashed

2006-01-04 12:02:22
Subject: Re: TSM Server Crashed
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:02:12 -0500
If you go to the IBM TSM portal
(http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html)
and then search using "LOGREAD +ANR7837S" you will see an entry/FAQ that
discusses a corrupt log causing these messages.  It also includes steps to
recover/restore !

"LeBlanc, Patricia" <Patricia.Leblanc AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
01/04/2006 11:55 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] TSM Server Crashed

 Does anyone have any experience with this error:

01/04/2006 05:33:29  ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
01/04/2006 05:33:29  ANR7837S Internal error LOGREAD566 detected.

Our TSM server crashed (running on aix) and we had to restore to
yesterday.  Trying to find a cause so we can prevent it from happening
again.

I see info in the knowledge base about extending the log, but the server
crashed and we didn't have that opportunity.

thanks