ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server Crashed

2006-01-04 12:04:45
Subject: Re: TSM Server Crashed
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:03:53 -0500
On Jan 4, 2006, at 11:55 AM, LeBlanc, Patricia wrote:

 Does anyone have any experience with this error:

01/04/2006 05:33:29  ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
01/04/2006 05:33:29  ANR7837S Internal error LOGREAD566 detected.

Our TSM server crashed (running on aix) and we had to restore to
yesterday.  Trying to find a cause so we can prevent it from happening
again.

I see info in the knowledge base about extending the log, but the
server
crashed and we didn't have that opportunity.

Look in your AIX Error Log for any file system or disk problems which
may have contributed to the problem, and review the dsmserv.err file.
If nothing obvious, call TSM Support, as this is a rare one with no
ready solution.

   Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs