ADSM-L

Re: expiration Oracle backups

2005-10-14 03:13:39
Subject: Re: expiration Oracle backups
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:13:21 +0200
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 07:38:18AM -0700, Neil Rasmussen wrote:

> When deleting Rman objects on the TSM Server, TDP Oracle uses the delete
> function on objects....the objects do not move to inactive they are just
> simply deleted from the TSM Server.

While the manual says to create nodes for RMAN with Delete Backup
permission set to yes, the manual also says to use a managementclass that
has Versions Data Deleted = 0 and Retain Only Version = 0. If what you say
is true (and I have no reason to doubt that :) ), then these settings are
not relevant, since there are no inactive RMAN objects. Am I right?

--
Jurjen Oskam