ADSM-L

Re: Client OS Level

2005-08-03 13:42:54
Subject: Re: Client OS Level
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:42:14 -0700
The NetWare OS version values are about as bad as the windows ones.
NetWare seems to have the folowing version levels:

NetWare 6   -   5.6.XX
NetWare 6.5 -  5.7.XX

The XX value seems to correspond to Service Pack levels. For example,
5.7.03 for an 6.5 SP3 machine. Hope that helps.

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia

>>> Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV 8/3/2005 10:11:07 AM >>>
Server is TSM 5.1.7.0

Performing a select on the platform_name and client_os_level fields in
the nodes table yields data, but the digits in the client_os_level field
do not match with the actual version of the operating system.

Is there a chart out there that tells what "NetWare 5.7" or " Win 5.01"
equates to in real life?

I would go look at each client individually, except that

a) the number of clients we have makes that time prohibitive, and

b) believe it or not, I don't have the right to access all of the
clients remotely

If I could believe that every "Win 5.01" equates to Windows 2000, for
example, that would obviously help, but I'm not sure of that either.

TIA

*---
Kevin