ADSM-L

Client OS Level

2005-08-03 13:10:27
Subject: Client OS Level
From: Kevin Kinder <Admin AT WVADMIN DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:11:07 -0400
Server is TSM 5.1.7.0

Performing a select on the platform_name and client_os_level fields in the
nodes table yields data, but the digits in the client_os_level field do not
match with the actual version of the operating system.

Is there a chart out there that tells what "NetWare 5.7" or " Win 5.01" equates
to in real life?

I would go look at each client individually, except that

a) the number of clients we have makes that time prohibitive, and

b) believe it or not, I don't have the right to access all of the clients
remotely

If I could believe that every "Win 5.01" equates to Windows 2000, for example,
that would obviously help, but I'm not sure of that either.

TIA

*---
Kevin