ADSM-L

Re: How to erase magstar-Tapes ?

2005-06-15 06:55:19
Subject: Re: How to erase magstar-Tapes ?
From: Hans-Dieter Kutz <spambehaelter AT HDKUTZ DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:54:58 +0200
Why not using
/usr/bin/tapeutil
?
<snip>
 General Commands:
    1. Open a Device                  5. Inquiry             9. Log Sense Page
    2. Close a Device                 6. Test Unit Ready    10. Mode Sense Page
    3. Device Info                    7. Reserve Device     11. Release Device
    4. Tape Drive Service Aids        8. Request Sense       Q. Quit Program

 Medium Changer Commands:
   12. Element Information           16. Move Medium
   13. Position To Element           17. Load/Unload Medium
   14. Element Inventory             18. Initialize Element Status
   15. Exchange Medium               19. Prevent/Allow Medium Removal

 Tape Commands:
   20. Query/Set Parameters          30. Read and Write Tests
   21. Prevent/Allow Medium Removal  31. Unload Tape
   22. Rewind                        32. Erase
   23. Erase Gap                     33. Write Filemarks
   24. Forward Space Filemarks       34. Backward Space Filemarks
   25. Forward Space Records         35. Backward Space Records
   26. Space to End of Data          36. Query/Set Tape Position
   27. Log Sense                     37. Read or Write Files
   28. Display Message               38. Query/Create/Change Partition
   29. Synchronize Buffers           39. Report Density Support

Enter Selection: q
<snip>
That seems to fit all your needs.

Cheers,
ku

--
Han Solo:
        Damn fool, I knew you were going to say that.