ADSM-L

Re: Archives missing from archive list.

2005-05-08 23:48:51
Subject: Re: Archives missing from archive list.
From: Stuart Lamble <adsm AT CAROUSEL.ITS.MONASH.EDU DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 13:45:26 +1000
On 09/05/2005, at 2:35 PM, Ian Hobbs wrote:

This could be a really long shot.....

try

dsmc q archive {insert the source filespace name here}/* -
subdir=yes | grep CDUT_WEEKLY_07

It appears that the request is for any archive off the root
filespace. Possible. I'm quite away from a unix system at the
moment, and was only able to
check using my home windows server.

I've been getting varying results that don't make much sence.
example, the dsmc q ar * -su=yes show me all archives from my C
drive, but not my E
drive, but if I do a q ar e:\* -su=yes then I see the E drive
archives.

Hmmmm

Bingo. Thank you *very* much for that. I'll pass that on to the DBA;
hopefully that will calm her down. :-)

It would be nice to know why this is happening, but in the absence of
that knowledge, I'll take any solution I can grab. Especially since
it seems to give some of the older archives from the same
filesystem... *shrugs*

Again, many, many thanks.

Stuart.