ADSM-L

Re: Archives missing from archive list.

2005-05-08 23:10:16
Subject: Re: Archives missing from archive list.
From: Stuart Lamble <adsm AT CAROUSEL.ITS.MONASH.EDU DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 13:06:53 +1000
On 09/05/2005, at 1:34 PM, Ian Hobbs wrote:

Make sure you are doing the q archive as the same userid (oracle
perhaps) that performed the archive in the
first place.

Nice try, but I get back the exact same results: absolutely no
mention of the (for instance) CDUT_WEEKLY_07/05/05 01:00 archive,
even when the command is run as oracle. In fact, to the best of my
knowledge, I get the same results as root as if I'm logged in (via
su) as oracle. Unless using su to access the account in question
makes a difference, but I would be *extremely* surprised if that were
so.

If that was all it was, I wouldn't have been prompted to look into
this in the first place. :) My thanks nonetheless.

[snippage]