ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL restore seems to hang

2005-04-28 10:26:21
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL restore seems to hang
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:25:49 +0100
How big is very big? If we're talking very large, what happens during a
restore is that it will appear to 'hang' whilst MSSQL server formats the
volumes it needs. This is nothing to do with TSM, which will only kick
into action when MSSQL server has finished formatting its volumes. If
you've a big database, and slow disks, this might take a while... Up
your timeout, monitor activity on your SQL server and try again...

Rgds,

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Manager Certified Consultant
Infrastructure Backup and Recovery Development
Shared Infrastructure Development
Reuters
85 Fleet Street
London EC4P 4AJ