ADSM-L

dsmserv extend log

2005-04-28 10:41:43
Subject: dsmserv extend log
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:41:10 -0700
Server is at 5.1.6.3

I am getting mixed messages from IBM on this and would like to see if there
is someone who knows "exactly" how this works and where it is in the manual
that says what it "will not" do. Here is the scenario. The log filled and
the server would not come up. All log volumes are mirrored to same size log
volumes. Total available space is 10.6GB, assigned capacity is 7.1GB,
maximum extension shows 3.5GB. The question is can you extend the log
"without" defining a new volume while the server is down? After all there is
space available. Unfortunately it does not work and I want to make sure it
is not supposed to.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator